Full time Nursing Assistant position
12 Month Maternity cover (may lead to a full time position)
We seek a nursing assistant to work alongside our friendly and positive team of nurses and vets to care for our hospitalised patients, working with us in our friendly and positive team.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Maintaining, cleaning, sterilising and processing all surgical instruments, kits and equipment to a high standard. Sterilisation responsibilities will focus on ensuring efficient and accurate turnaround of surgical kits ready for patient procedures.
- Checking the daily surgery list, planning ahead and being aware of instruments and equipment that may be required.
- Assisting the nurse team with daily workflow including preoperative patient preparation and infection control measures, clipping patients prior to surgery.
- Ensure stock levels of consumables are adequate including ordering of equipment.
- Carrying out health and safety tasks.
- General housekeeping.
This position offers the possibility of flexible working hours that fit with our existing staffing arrangements. We provide a supportive and positive working environment with in-house training. The benefits include a competitive salary, 6.6 weeks annual leave (pro-rata including bank holidays) and a pension contribution.
Previous experience of working in a similar environment is desirable and applicants should ideally have experience of working in a referral clinic. Good written and spoken English is essential and you must have the right to work in UK (UK or EU citizenship, or valid UK working VISA).
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter and contact details for two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org.